iFetus is the reference software for pregnancy which combines the functions of a technological obstetric device with the most updated reference tables for fetal biometry and with weight calculation. Moreover, the software provides a complete diary of the course of the clinical gestation in pregnancy, by means of diagnostic and instrumental tests, as indicated by the most updated international guidelines.
This application is not only conceived for gynecologists, ecographists and obstetricians for the correct evaluation of fetal growth, in order to furnish the best prenatal assistance, but it is also a useful instrument for future mothers.
iFetus calculates the growth of the fetus using the most recent and updated biometric tables on Caucasian race. This eliminates calculation errors resulting from the fact that obsolete biometric tables are still in use in most of the international centers. As a matter of fact, the anthropometric measures of the population, including prenatal measures, change constantly and iFetus is currently an essential instrument for the correct echographic evaluation of fetal growth.
Therefore, the biometric tables published on iFetus are valid for European and North American women. The biometric curves, that boast one of the highest numbers of samples available in the international literature, have been developed according to the recommended statistical criteria and are the result of the continuously updated work on the part of the experts of the Italian Society of Prenatal Diagnosis and Maternal Fetal Medicine (S.I.Di.P.).
• Entering the date of the last menstruation and any days of echographic difference, it is possible to visualize the biometric tables of the stage of pregnancy for that date.
For example: L.M. 11/20/2009; Reference date 06/26/2010; Days of difference +3; Period of amenorrhea 31 weeks + 1 days; Echographic stage of pregnancy 31 weeks + 4 days. The biometric tables that will be visualized are relative to the actual stage of pregnancy.
• The biometric tables can be also visualized on the basis of each biometric parameter, simply by clicking on the relevant abbreviation.
For example: click on BPD in order to visualize the table with the centiles of the biparietal diameter from the 14th week to the 41st.
• The pregnancy redating function, on the bases of the measure of the CRL, reveals the echographic stage of pregnancy relating to the reference date entered, making it possible to calculate any days of echographic difference relating to the last menstruation entered.
For example: L.M. 11/20/2009; CRL date 02/12/2010; Period of amenorrhea 12 weeks + 0 days; CRL 61 mm; Actual stage of pregnancy 12 weeks + 3 days; Days of difference +3.
• Once the last menstruation has been entered, the pregnancy help-desk visualizes an accurate calendar, divided in three trimesters, with the range of dates on which the various instrumental and laboratory tests are to be carried out.
• The fetal weight is estimated according to the Hadlock formula, entering the values (in mm) of biparietal diameter, cephalic circumference, abdominal circumference and femur length